Shipping Container Workshop – Earthed Munitions and Explosives Shed
Containers First Incorporates Intrinsically Safe (I.S.) Technology To Turn A Shipping Container Into A Specialised Mobile Workshop For Handling Explosive Materials
- Shipping container workshop – Earthed
- 1x40ft new build high cube with doors at both ends
- Fully painted in white
- Fully insulated with 50mm EPS sandwich panel
- 2x Clear PVC Swing internal doors
- 1x external fold out awning and work bench without compromising outside dimensions for transport requirements
- 2x 1200 x 300 windows with fly screens
- All steel roller table (8mtr) 2x 3m
- Tables with copper tops for earthing
- External door latches to contain doors when open
- 1x recessed Split System Air Conditioner
- 2x Personal Access Doors with counter sunk dead locks & emergency push bar exits
- 2x 250mm x 250mm earthed Brass plates at each personal access door to remove static electricity from person/s entering workshop
- Colourbond curved roof kit and fittings 12.6 x 2.6 mtr
- Electrical fit-out as specified, includes all earthing inside and out
Earthed Shipping container workshop – Containers First was recently tasked with fabricating a 40 ft portable workshop that makes handling highly volatile materials much safer. The workshop was equipped with specific safety features designed to greatly reduce the risk of even the tiniest spark setting off an accidental explosion.
Starting with a standard 40 ft ISO container shell, Containers First’s industry-leading modifications team built the workshop according to the client’s exact specifications and in full compliance with national regulations for the safe handling of explosive materials.
Many Intrinsically Safe (I.S.) features were incorporated into the workshop’s design to prevent the unit’s wiring, electrical equipment, or static electricity from inadvertently igniting any of the highly flammable Combustible substances inside.
Just some of the special safeguards Containers First installed for the workshop included:
- Shielded conduits to encase all electrical cabling
- I.S.-certified power points and light switches, and switchboard load centre’s
- All circuits protected by RCD’s (Safety Switches) enclosed in sealed switchboard enclosures.
- Workbench tops covered with copper plating to discharge any build up of static electricity safely to the ground
- A copper touch plate at the workshop’s entrance to ground workers before entering the unit
- Earth spikes with grounding cables connected to all interior metal components
Containers First is Australia’s experts at modifying standard cargo containers for a wide array of applications from field offices to first aid units.
If you need a portable environment for the storage or handling of hazardous materials, talk to Containers First. We can design and build a unit for handling dangerous substances that includes the latest safety features such as natural or mechanical ventilation, spillage containment, Intrinsically Safe features, and many other safeguards.
Our purpose-built storage units and modified workshops are ideally suited for industries that routinely work with flammable chemicals or explosives including:
- Oil & Gas Refineries
- Mining Operations
- Demolition Crews
- Construction Explosives
- Chemical Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Military Explosives – Mobile Explosive Manufacturing Unit (MEMU)
- Fireworks and Pyrotechnics Manufacturers
- Ammunition Filling and Assembly
- Gun Maintenance & Repair
- Firing Ranges
- Disposal Sites
- Fertiliser and Pesticides Suppliers
- Explosives Depots/Magazines
- Explosives R&D Facilities
To find out how our cost-effective container modifications can help you greatly reduce the risk and liability of handling dangerous explosives and highly- volatile chemicals in the field, contact Containers First today.
Are you ready to explore the world of modified shipping containers?
Our engineering and build team can bring any shipping container modification to life. If you already have designs and are looking for one of the most experienced build teams in Australia to make you design a reality click below
If you have an idea for an awesome shipping container modification but need help with the design and engineering to bring your concept to life our team can help with our concept development service. Click below to find out more….
Do you have the skills and know how to build your ultimate modified shipping container but need a partner to help you find an buy the shipping container/s that will be the perfect start for your job? Explore our huge range of shipping containers today…
Don’t See What You Need?